Who we are
Mine Lakes Consulting
Mine Lakes Consulting is a premier consulting company that specializes in planning and managing mine pit lakes, mine water environmental impacts and general environmental aspects of mine operation and closure planning.
We provide consultancy services directly to the mining industry as well as sub-contracting our deep expertise to major multi-national consultancies.
Please feel free to contact us and let us assist you with your project planning.Services we provide
Meet Dr Cherie D. McCullough
Dr McCullough is Director of Mine Lakes Consulting Ltd.
- Over 20 years research and consultancy experience in environmental management issues.
- International experience and key expertise with aquatic and geochemical applications in mining and the environment; in particular mine closure and mining impacts on waters.
- Recognised leading international expert on mine pit lakes: sustainability, closure planning and rehabilitation, with major mining project experience across Australasia, Asia and North and South America.
- Makes regular presentations to government and professional bodies on mine closure and has helped develop closure regulatory guidance for Western Australia, South Australia, the Commonwealth of Australia, PNG, Canada and APEC.
- Over 100 peer-reviewed publications, including the Australian Centre for Geomechanics book “Mine Pit Lakes: Closure and Management”.
Download my CV